Cargill unveils feed additives
Nov. 12, 2013
by Meat&Poultry Staff
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Cargill
MINNEAPOLIS – Cargill Animal Nutrition, through its Provimi business, has developed a global line of feed additives under the PROMOTE brand. The company is planning a global product rollout in the coming months.
Product line items and their respective benefits include:
• Essential-oil and organic acid-based products for monogastrics designed to promote growth and gut health – Biacid, Provimax, Cinergy, Prohacid.
• The new poultry performance-enhancing additive, Aloapur, in collaboration with Purac Corbion.
• Amaferm, a digestibility enhancer for ruminants. This product is offered in Europe, Middle East and South America.
• Proviox, a natural antioxidant for the animal.
• Notox, a broad range of products and services dedicated to mycotoxin prevention. This product is not available in the US or Canada.
• PROMOTE forage preservatives are offered in selected countries to protect dairy and beef producers' nutrient investments.
"The combination of an expanding emerging-market middle class – which demands more protein-rich diets – along with growing consumer sensitivity toward feed inputs and animal welfare, is putting new pressure on animal producers to boost performance and do so in more sustainable ways," said Gilles Houdart, marketing director of Additives for Cargill Animal Nutrition. "Our customers' success is critical to our goal of meeting the nutritional demands of a growing world. PROMOTE is our platform for developing, sourcing, testing and bringing to market highly consistent feed-additive solutions and helping our customers succeed in a fast-growing, highly dynamic market."
Cargill Animal Nutrition offers a range of products and services to feed manufacturers, animal producers, and feed retailers around the world.