Omaha Steaks adds recipe section to web site
by Meat&Poultry Staff
OMAHA, Neb. – Omaha Steaks has added a new interactive recipe section to its web site, www.OmahaSteaks.com, the company announced May 1.
"As a fifth-generation, family owned company, Omaha Steaks is pleased to offer a user-friendly option to search for new recipes online or on a mobile device," said Todd Simon, senior vice president. "The new interactive recipe section will offer customers a new way to experience the mouth-watering taste of Omaha Steaks."
The new interactive features on the site include:
• Recipe Finder, which allows users to browse by type of steaks, meal ideas, available ingredients and lifestyle or specific type of recipe;
• Printer-friendly recipe option to print and save recipes to a recipe box;
• Rate This Recipe allows users to rate a recipe with 1-5 stars and leave feedback;
• iPad and tablet compatibility, as well as mobile optimization, making it portable and convenient to use in the kitchen;
• Kitchen Friendly View, which allows users to view only the content needed to prepare the recipe including list of ingredients, preparation instructions and the Recipe Timer; and
• Social sharing, giving users the ability to share favorite recipes on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and through email.
Each recipe includes an ingredient list, cooking time, number of servings and nutrition information.