Au Bon Pain launches hot sandwich line
May 23, 2013
by Meat&Poultry Staff
BOSTON – Au Bon Pain has launched a line of made-to-order hot sandwiches at the company's US cafes. The sandwiches were created in response to customer complaints that some hot sandwiches are cold in the middle, according to the company.
“After nearly a year of testing equipment and recipes, we have perfected our baking method and selected the right packaging to ensure an 'oven-hot-all-the-way-through' selection of sandwiches that deliver the quality and comfort you crave in a warm sandwich,” said Stefano Cordova, Au Bon Pain's executive chef. “By employing both sophisticated oven technology and superior, heat-insulating packaging, Au Bon Pain is now stepping beyond the industry standard to assure customers that their hot sandwich is just the right temperature, through-to-the-middle.”
The new sandwiches include:
• Black Angus Steak & Cheese, which consists of sliced Black Angus steak, horseradish aioli, caramelized onions, roasted red and yellow bell peppers, cheddar blend cheese, roasted tomatoes on ciabatta.
• Tuscan Grilled Cheese with three cheddar blend cheese, tomato spread on sliced country white bread.
• Chicken Pomodoro with chicken breast, fresh mozzarella, asiago cheese, tomato spread, roasted tomatoes on ciabatta.
• Turkey Cubano with turkey, Black Forest ham, Swiss cheese, sweet pickle relish, Dijon mustard on ciabatta.
• Newport Turkey, which has turkey, fresh avocado, cheddar and honey mustard on country white bread.
“The launch of our five, completely new sandwiches is designed to add an exceptionally exciting, truly hot sandwich offering to what our customers can now expect at Au Bon Pain cafes,” said Maria Feicht , Au Bon Pain's chief branding officer. “In addition to employing a technologically advanced cooking system that delivers an 'oven-hot-all-the-way-through' eating experience, our new sandwiches are individually packaged, right from the oven, in specially crafted boxes and paper wrapping to assure that every sandwich is still hot and our baked bread is still crisp when our customers get to their office or to their favorite lunchtime oasis.”