Boiler explosion injures 2

by Meat&Poultry Staff
Share This:

SOUTH FALLSBURG, NY – Two workers were injured after a boiler exploded at a Murray’s Chicken processing facility at around 7 p.m. Nov. 28, according to news reports.

A malfunction filled an industrial boiler with propane, according to the Times Herald-Record of Middletown. The boiler ignited, blowing out a wall and launching pieces of the boiler into the parking lot.

The plant reopened in the morning on Nov. 29 without interruption in plant operation.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.

 

 


The views expressed in the comments section of Meat and Poultry News do not reflect those of Meat and Poultry News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.