Land O'Frost announces lunchmeat giveaway
Oct. 27, 2011
by Bryan Salvage
LANSING, Ill. – Land O'Frost, the largest family-owned packaged lunch meat company in the US, is giving away pounds of lunchmeat in honor of National Sandwich Day and the birthday of Earl of Sandwich, which are both on Nov. 3.
Nov. 3 has been designated as National Sandwich Day, which Land O'Frost is commemorating with a promotion and product giveaways.
"We owe a lot to the sandwich," said Felicia Wheat, consumer marketing manager at Land O'Frost. "After all, a very large majority of lunch meat is used for sandwich making."
Land O'Frost recently conducted a poll to learn about American consumers’ lunch time traditions. Highlights include:
- One in three Americans said turkey is their favorite lunchmeat. Next is roast beef, followed by ham.
- One-third of men prefer roast beef on their sandwich, but only one in five women prefer roast beef.
- Half of Americans said potato chips are their favorite sandwich side dish, 10 percent selected fruit or veggies.
- One in four Americans said they like their lunch meats sweet, such as honey ham.
- More than one-third of Americans eat lunch at their desk at work, whereas only six percent regularly eat lunch at a restaurant.