Foodservice line-up touted at World Series venues
Oct. 20, 2011
by Meat&Poultry Staff
BUFFALO, NY – Fans attending the 2011 World Series in Texas and St. Louis will have a wide range of foods to choose from, featuring local flavors and fresh BBQ brisket smoked daily at each ballpark. Delaware North Companies Sportservice will serve all of the food during the World Series for the second time in five years. The company is the foodservice provider for the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium and the Texas Rangers at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
Sportservice smokes Beef Brisket onsite to create fresh sandwiches at both World Series ballparks. In St. Louis, Sportservice chefs prepare more than 800 lbs. of brisket per game, preparing it in a rub and then slow-smoking it for 12 hours. In Texas, Sportservice uses Hall-of-Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan's own brand of beef in its chopped beef brisket sandwich.
This season, Sportservice added two steak sandwiches created by Food Network to its concessions in Major League Baseball locations. The Food Network signature Red, White & Blue Steak Sandwich, which is available in both Texas and St. Louis, is served on a French demi baguette and topped with blue cheese and pepper mayonnaise. The Texas steak sandwich is topped with salsa verde, while the St. Louis steak sandwich includes St. Louis-style barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese.
Other food highlights from the World Series at Busch Stadium in St. Louis include:
- Sandwich Showdown cooking stations feature sandwiches, including slow-roasted Italian beef or roasted turkey brined in Anheuser-Busch beer.
- At the Family Pavilion in Section 507, fans can purchase a kids meal with a hot dog.
- At the Build Your Own Nachos stand, fans can create their own signature topping with pulled pork, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, jalapenos, green onions, pico de gallo and three types of hot sauce.
Food concessions highlights from the World Series at Rangers Ballpark include:
- Sausage Sundae includes a grilled and split sausage packed with macaroni and cheese, chopped brisket, garlic mashed potatoes, sprinkled parsley and a pepper on top.
- Gordita Ranchero is served on grilled flatbread and topped with beef or chicken and a Mexican-style street-corn mixed with sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Bayou Cooking Cart was added for last year's run to the World Series. Late this season two more items were added: an alligator po boy and Cajun kabobs featuring blackened chicken and andouille sausage.
- Nolan Ryan Beef hot dogs and sausage are offered from a Nolan Ryan portable cart on the main concourse.
Delaware North Companies Sportservice is one of the nation's leading food, beverage and retail management companies, providing concessions, gourmet catering and fine-dining operations at more than 50 professional sporting venues, entertainment complexes and convention centers across the United States and Canada.