Omaha Steaks launches Steak Time App
May 27, 2011
by Meat&Poultry Staff
OMAHA, Neb. – Omaha Steaks has launched its Steak Time App for the Android. This tool capitalizes on the strengths of the original app designed for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad, the company relays.
The new Android version offers features such as an informational "Steak 101" section, complete with how-to videos, tips for perfect grilling, steak facts and hundreds of delicious, shareable steak recipes. As with the original Steak Time App, the 'Grill Timer' is the highlight feature of the Android version, enabling users to create a personalized steak-timer setting for everyone on their guest list.
Other key features include:
- Universal timer, which allows users to set food preparation timers directly from within recipes and view active times from anywhere in the app.
- 'Buy Now' buttons that appear in a user's grocery list, allowing them to purchase Omaha Steaks products.
- Ability to browse the Omaha Steaks store from within the app.
- Conversation card feature that provides a host of interesting facts and questions to help liven up the dinner discussion.
- Social media integration allowing users to share recipes and tips with their friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Omaha Steaks markets and distributes a wide variety of grain-fed beef and gourmet foods. It is recognized as the nation's largest direct response marketer of premium beef.