April 4, 2011
by Meat&Poultry Staff
The following are examples of turkey products enhanced by fruits or vegetables provided by the National Turkey Federation.
♦ Value-added Butterball turkey products containing fruits or vegetables include:
• Meatballs, Italian Seasoned Frozen – Contains textured vegetable protein (soy protein concentrate, caramel color).
• Lemon-Pepper Tenderloin, Herb Roasted Tenderloin and Teriyaki Tenderloin – Marinade contains lemon juice concentrate, lemon juice solids and dehydrated lemon peel.
• Teriyaki Tenderloin – Marinade contains lemon juice concentrate, pineapple juice solids and green onion.
• Herb Breast of Turkey Roast – Ingredients include tomato powder, dehydrated red bell pepper, parsley and spices.
• Foodservice: Savory Turkey Burgers – Contains dehydrated onion, dehydrated garlic and soy.
• Foodservice: Turkey Pot Roast – Contains onions, dehydrated carrots. Demi Glace contains tomato powder and onion powder.
• Foodservice: Turkey Pot Roast with Vegetables – Includes onions and dehydrated carrots. Demi-glace contains tomato powder and onion powder. Added vegetables include carrots, celery and pearl onions.
♦ Shady Brooks/Honeysuckle White products include:
• Meatballs, Italian Seasoned Frozen – Contains textured vegetable protein product (soy protein concentrate, caramel color), dehydrated red and green pepper and dehydrated onion.
• Basil Pesto Turkey Breast Tenderloin – Includes basil and dehydrated garlic.
♦ Foster Farms meatballs contain added garlic, onions and peppers while Hormel’s Jennie-O Turkey Store products include Lean Turkey Burgers with diced tomatoes and Bell peppers and Turkey Burger Patties with onion and garlic seasonings.
♦ House of Raeford Turkey Rolls consists of TVP (textured vegetable protein); granular soy nuggets used as a filler. House of Raeford Turkey Smoked Sausage with Pepper Jack Cheese Links contains green and red jalapeño peppers and soy products/protein.