Michael Strauss receiving NAMP's 'Angus Award'
October 19, 2010
by Meat&Poultry Staff
RESTON, VA. – Michael Strauss, outgoing North American Meat Processors association chairman, will receive the Angus Award, NAMP’s most prestigious accolade, at next week’s Outlook Conference set for Scottsdale, Ariz. The award is presented "in recognition of prolonged, sustained, and devoted service, continuing over a period of time to the association and to the industry which it represents". This is the first time in eight years the award has been given.
Strauss has served on the NAMP Board of Directors, the Executive Committee and as president in 2008-2009. His accomplishments include continued development of NAMP’s Meat Buyers Guide, assisting in the allocation of NAMP investments, helping in membership development, and increasing the participation and leadership of Associate Members in NAMP.
Other achievements include:
- 1988 — Was one of the first associate members to join NAMP (as a co-owner of a meat cutting machinery company – AEW).
- 1990s — Was the first associate member to join, and later chair, a NAMP committee.
- 2000s — Was the first associate member to join the NAMP Board of Directors.
- 2005 — Joined the NAMP Board as a regular member through his affiliation with Colorado Boxed Beef, and was elected to the executive committee.
- 2008 — Became NAMP’s 67th president.
- Strauss also received the American Meat Institute’s Supplier of the Year Award in 2001.
"Companies looking to join NAMP should consider how much they can benefit from knowing outstanding NAMP members like Michael," said Phil Kimball, NAMP executive director.
"Being involved with NAMP for more than 20 years has been wonderful," Strauss said. "It has helped me in business and I can trace many of my closest personal relationships to NAMP."
Strauss will receive the Angus Award at the final night dinner-dance of the Outlook Conference, Oct. 28 - 31, at the Fairmont Scottsdale in Scottsdale. Registration is still open and rooms still are available at the resort. Register at www.namp.com.