Cargill honors Sterling Silver brand partners
October 12, 2010
by Meat & Poultry staff
NAPA, Calif. – Sterling Silver Premium Meats recently recognized several retail and foodservice partners during its annual Brand Summit event. Held at Sterling Vineyards, the awards dinner honored recipients who supported the Sterling Silver brand through sales and marketing efforts by ‘Reaching New Heights’ the last year.
Times Supermarkets, Honolulu, Hawaii, received the Sterling Silver Retail Marketer of the Year award for the second year in a row. It operates 18 full-service meat departments that feature Sterling Silver Premium beef and pork products.
The Foodservice Marketer of the Year award recipient was Shamrock Foods, based in Phoenix, Ariz. Shamrock also has distribution centers in Commerce City (Denver), Colo., and Albuquerque, N.M.
Ric’s Grill, a chain of restaurants with locations in Alberta and British Columbia, Canada, received this year’s Operator of the Year award.
Dallas-based Winn Meat Company, a vision of Ben E. Keith Foods, was the recipient of the Signature Club Star Player of the Year award.
Best Distributor Sales Representative, a new award this year, was presented to Jerry Marschner of the Milwaukee Division of Reinhart Foodservice.
Other notable awards included:
• Highest International Growth: XO Chihuahua, Mexico.
• Highest Beef-Volume Growth, Retail: Sobeys Atlantic, Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
• Highest Pork-Volume Growth, Retail: Holiday Quality Foods, Cottonwood, Calif.
• Highest Beef-Volume Growth, Foodservice: Del Monte Meat Company, San Francisco, Calif.
• Highest Pork-Volume Growth, Foodservice: Green Tree Packing Company Passaic, N.J.