Boston Market launches upgrades, new menu items
October 4, 2010
by Meat&Poultry Staff
DENVER – Boston Market is launching a nationwide rollout of upgrades and new menu items as part of its 25th anniversary celebration it claims will significantly enhance the overall guest experience. The launch will be implemented in more than 370 restaurants by year’s end, beginning with 95 restaurants in the Miami and New York areas where the conversion will be complete by Oct. 17 and with the remaining locations to be completed by spring of 2011.
The start of the national launch follows a successful pilot in 10 restaurants throughout the West Palm Beach, Fla., area earlier this year. Guest counts have increased double digits within the first six weeks and remained at that level since the enhancements.
"The investment we’re making in physical upgrades and small wares is tremendous, but more importantly, we’re making an investment in Boston Market’s people and service," said Tony Buford, senior vice president, operations. "We are proud of our new offering, but it’s more than just paint, pots and poultry – it’s the people. The people are the heart and soul of the company, and what makes Boston Market America’s kitchen table."
Boston Market has already hired more than 2,100 new employees, and has 3,000 more positions to fill.
Newly appointed CEO George Michel brings an extensive restaurant and operations background that will ensure efficient execution of the nationwide rollout, the company added.
The new Boston Market will offer an enhanced guest experience. It has replaced its disposable plates and utensils with real plates and stainlessware and upgraded serving stations to include a Chef’s Hot Case and carving stations. The new Boston Market menu features the addition of new entrées and side dishes. Guests will also notice an exceptional level of hospitality from a larger, more attentive staff.
Among the new enhancements are:
- Chef’s Hot Case - Enameled stainless steel pots hold temperature very well. Their small size guarantees the food will be freshly made.
- For guests dining in, Boston Market will serve the food on real plates and stainless steel knives, forks and spoons.
- Hand-Carved-to-Order – Rotisserie chicken and oven roasted turkey, which have always been carved-to-order, are now carved in stations visible to guests.
- Hand-carved sandwiches include Rotisserie Chicken Pesto, Oven Roasted Turkey BLT and All-White Rotisserie Chicken Salad all served on multigrain wheat bread.
- Hand-Tossed Entrée Salads include Mediterranean, Southwest Santa Fe and Asian. Each is made with Rotisserie Chicken.
- New sauces created to complement the signature rotisserie chicken include Orange Chipotle Glaze, Island Mojo, Zesty Barbecue, Sweet Thai Chili Garlic and Honey Habanero.
- Healthier options include Boston Market’s home-style rotisserie chicken, which now has 20% less sodium and its poultry gravy has 50% less sodium.