The Cheesecake Factory names contest finalists
June 17, 2010
by Bryan Salvage
CALABASAS HILLS, CALIF. – Approximately 30,000 hamburger enthusiasts nationwide have submitted burger creations since April 21 as part of The Cheesecake Factory’s "Great Glamburger Challenge." Now the public must decide which of the top five finalists will have their winning Glamburger added to The Cheesecake Factory’s menu. Now through June 30, the public has the chance to submit their vote for their favorite Glamburger contender at www.thecheesecakefactory.com/glamorous.
The five finalists are:
- Cajun Delight – Valrico, Fla. This burger features Andouille sausage, Tasso ham and crawfish in melted Muenster cheese, topped by roasted peppers and simmering in delicious Cajun dark roux.
- The Godfather – Maryville, Ill. An Italian burger featuring ground beef, tomatoes marinated in garlic aioli, melted Mozzarella and provolone cheeses topped with pepperoni, grilled mushrooms and onions, topped with marinara, grated parmesan and romaine lettuce.
- Greek Feta Burger – Zebulon, Ga. This burger features melted feta cheese, tomato, fancy arugula salad, sliced Kalamata olives, red onions, cucumbers and green peppers topped with a garlic aioli mayonnaise spread.
- Waikiki Beach Burger – Temecula, Calif. This burger features Canadian bacon, melted Mozzarella, fresh pineapple, arugula and teriyaki sauce.
- Wild Mushroom Burger – Champaign, Ill. This burger contains Portabella, Shiitake and Crimini mushrooms; caramelized onions, red peppers, Gruyere and Swiss cheese and demi-glace.
The top five finalists were chosen by David Overton, The Cheesecake Factory founder, and Robert Okura, vice president of culinary development. The submissions were judged on taste appeal, creativity and compelling story behind the creation.
The winning burger will be featured on The Cheesecake Factory’s new Glamburger menu, which currently includes six unique hamburgers topped with "glamorous ingredients," according to the company.
"We were delighted with the creativity and inventiveness of all the burgers submitted in The Great Glamburger Challenge," Overton said. "Just as our Glamburgers were inspired by regions of the country where people are passionate about food, these finalists showed their passion for creating delicious burgers that transcend geographical boundaries. Any one of them would be a fantastic addition to our Glamburger menu."
The winning Glamburger will be announced July 1. The winner will not only have his or her burger added to The Cheesecake Factory menu for one year, but will also be awarded a choice of one of six getaway vacations inspired by the new Glamburger menu. Destinations include: Memphis, Tenn; Sonoma, Calif.; Monterey, Calif.; Austin, Texas; Rogue River Valley, Ore.; or Santa Fe, N.M.