Cargill's Sterling Silver recognizes customers
November 17, 2009
by Bryan Salvage
WICHITA, KANSAS — Several retailers, foodservice distributors and operators were honored by Sterling Silver Premium Meats during its four-day 2009 Marketing Brand Summit. All award recipients were selected based on their representation of the ‘passion’ theme throughout their sales and marketing efforts. Sterling Silver is a registered trademark of Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation.
"Sterling Silver Premium Meats was proud to recognize this year’s award recipients at the annual Brand Summit," Ozlem Worpel, Sterling Silver brand manager, told MEATPOULTRY.com. "These partners are truly leaders in the retail and foodservice industry who exemplify ‘passion’ for the Sterling Silver brand and act as brand enthusiasts uniquely putting their signature on the brand every day."
The winners are:
- Retail Marketer of the Year — Times Supermarkets, located in Honolulu, Hawaii, with 18 supermarkets, including the recent acquisition of Star Markets.
- Retail Highest Volume Percentage Growth for Pork — Reasor’s, located in Tahlequah, Okla., launched the Sterling Silver Premium Pork program in May 2008 with 16 stores in the greater Tulsa market.
- Retail Highest Volume Percentage Growth for Beef — Dillons, a division of The Kroger Co., with 93 stores across Kansas. Sterling Silver retailer since 2000.
- Foodservice Distributor Marketer of the Year — Winn Meat, a division of Ben E. Keith, with offices in Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, Texas, has consistently exceeded expectations with stellar marketing support.
- Highest Foodservice Volume Percentage Growth for Pork — Honolulu, Hawaii-based Y. Hata & Company. Well-known throughout the islands, they are trusted and admired by their operator customer base. Y. Hata also received the Signature Club Star Player of the Year award in recognition of its dedication to the Sterling Silver Operator Loyalty Program.
- Highest Foodservice Volume Percentage Growth for Beef — Del Monte has served the finest quality beef, pork, lamb, veal and other items to the finest restaurants, hotels and institutions in Northern California since 1926.
- Highest Volume Customer: Shamrock Foods Company serving the Rocky Mountain and Southwest regions with distribution centers for food service in Phoenix, Denver, and Albuquerque.
- Longest Partner — Since 1991, Florida-based distributor Grand Western has offered Sterling Silver Premium Beef and Pork products. As the original Sterling Silver brand partner, Grand Western received an award for, the first among many foodservice or retail partners.
- Best Operator — Cheddars, an American dining experience since 1978 has more than 60 locations nationwide has been serving a variety of Sterling Silver cuts since 2005.
- Signature Chef — Sterling Silver Premium Meats also honored Chef Michael Giletto with the Signature Chef Award for his support and displaying brand passion and enthusiasm. Chef Giletto is the executive chef at Cherry Valley Country Club in Skillman, New Jersey.