Never turn your back on bacon

by MEAT+POULTRY Staff
Share This:
Search for similar articles by keyword: [Bacon]

Two Menlo Park residents were forced to flee their apartment after a fire broke out in their kitchen. The blaze resulted in $80,000 in damages to the apartment, The Almanac reported.

A resident said she had been cooking bacon when she was distracted by a phone call. Officials estimated structural damage of $50,000 and loss and damage to items inside the apartment at $30,000. Fire Marshal Jon Johnston said unattended cooking fires are the most common type of fires.

Comment on this Article
We welcome your thoughtful comments. Please comply with our Community rules.

 

 


The views expressed in the comments section of Meat and Poultry News do not reflect those of Meat and Poultry News or its parent company, Sosland Publishing Co., Kansas City, Mo. Concern regarding a specific comment may be registered with the Editor by clicking the Report Abuse link.